NEWS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Kirsten Parker
Golden Spike Tower
1249 N Homestead Rd, North Platte NE 69101, (308) 532-9920
Golden Spike Board of Directors Vacancy
(North Platte, Nebraska) The Golden Spike Tower has Board of Director positions that will becoming vacant soon. The vacancies are a full voting Board of Directors position. Board Members must maintain at mixture of individuals living in town and out of town, with one additional member living out the North Platte city limits. Members of the Golden Spike Tower shall be appointed by the current Board of Directors, with candidates recommended by the Nominating Committee.
The following excerpts from the bylaws will be of interest to prospective candidates:
- Each member shall serve for a term of a 3 years.
- Unexcused absences from three regularly scheduled meetings in one fiscal year will be cause to recommend to the removal of that member from the Board.
- Members shall receive no compensation for their services except reimbursement for necessary expenses.
- The Board of Directors shall meet once each month at a place and time agreed upon by the membership. Meetings are currently held at 8:00am on the third Friday of the month at the Golden Spike Tower.
- Special meetings may be called by the President of the board, or two Directors, with a minimum of 3-days notice.
- No less than one-half of the Directors shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at any meeting of the Board of Directors
- The officers of the Board of Directors shall be elected by the members of the Directors. Officers shall consist of a President, Vice President Secretary and Treasurer. These elections are held during the annual meeting in June.
- This organization is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
To be considered for the Golden Spike Tower Board of Directors, first an application must be completed. All applications will be reviewed and interviewed by the Nominating Committee and current Board of Directors.
For consideration of this vacancy, an application form and any attachments must be received by close of business on April 1, 2021. Applications may be received via email, mail or in-person.
Board Applications 2020
Golden Spike Tower
1249 N Homestead Road
North Platte, NE 69101
For anyone interested in learning more about this board vacancy may contact Executive Director, Kirsten Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (308) 532-9920.