The Golden Spike Tower is proud to announce with addition of the newly expanded gift shop, a new position…a Full-Time Gift Shop Manager.
Gift Shop Manager duties include, but are not limited to:
- Other duties as assigned, in working with a small staff.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance.
- Advises customers by providing information on products & services.
- Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, scheduling and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and vendors.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving purchases; maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Recording sales data, invoices, inventory numbers and purchase orders through point of sale system.
- Handling accounts receivables and payables through Quickbooks programs.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Gift Shop Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Staffing, People Skills, Dependability, Verbal Communication, Basic Microsoft Computer Skills
Quickbooks and Retail Experience preferred, but not required.
Applications are available in person or online at goldenspiketower.com. Please submit application and resume by February 10, 2016 to the attention of:
Golden Spike Tower
1249 N Homestead Rd
North Platte, NE 69101
Or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Golden Spike Tower is a private non-profit, equal opportunity provider and employer.