April 2, 2018
Guest Services Representative Openings
Apply in person or online by close of business Friday, April 13th for consideration of one of two openings to start no later than May 1, 2018. Application and resume required.
Position 1: 15-20 hours, per week (ability for more during peak season).
Position 2: 6-12 hours, weekends only
Shifts available: Daily, 8:30am-2:30pm or 2:00pm-8:00pm
We are looking for a guest services representative at the Golden Spike Tower to provide excellent customer service and help meet sales quotas. Candidates with strong communication skills who can make customers feel welcome in our store will stand out. You will help welcome, identify client needs, present and answer questions about our products and services and recommend solutions. A positive attitude and a desire to promptly resolve potential customer issues or complaints will make you successful in this role.
Ultimately, you will ensure that customers leave our business satisfied and you will contribute to the store’s profitability. Whenever a person enters the Golden Spike Tower, he/she is first welcomed and greeted by a guest service representative. Guest service representative responsibilities are, taking care of the guests and ensuring we meet our mission; to provide an educational and entertaining tourist attraction overlooking Bailey Yard, and that all the services are being rendered in a friendly and efficient manner. The guest service representative serves as the first and last point of contact for the guests and ensures that high degree service is being offered to the visitors, whether they are touring, hosting an event, shopping in the gift shop or simply stopping by.
Key Responsibilities of a Guest Service Agent
The primary responsibility of a guest service representative is to provide professional services in a courteous manner. He/she makes sure that the visitors remain satisfied and content with the services that are being offered, and take feedback from their guests, volunteers or fellow staff as to how their services can be improved.
- Positively promote Golden Spike Tower, Union Pacific, City of North Platte and Nebraska tourism.
- Greet and welcome all guests within 3 seconds in a proper manner. Giving adequate directions to customer.
- To pay close attention and carefully listen to the needs of the guests and to attend to their special needs, treating each guest special and unique.
- Being flexible and understanding that “other duties as assigned” is needed in a small, teamwork staff style.
- To promptly respond to the customer’s inquiries and demands, and make arrangements for the subsequent services by coordinating with other departments
- If there are any issues, he/she is responsible for apologizing in an empathetic manner and then sorting out the problems in a calm and quiet manner
- Provide positive accurate descriptions and information for product, tours, features, community and other services offered.
- Cross selling of products and services to guests to ensure return guests and increase sales.
- Maintain a safe, and clean environment.
- Assist with stocking shelves and keeping clean from dust and debris. Assist with displays and product placement.
- Ensuring inventory is accounted for properly and assisting with the inventory checking in process.
- Assisting with group tours, pre-arranged and on the spot arrivals.
- Proper cash handling and recording through POS system.
- Assisting with special events both on and off site.
- Attending staff and volunteer meetings, trainings and socials.
- Engaging customers, volunteers and guests in conversation.
- Customer service centric with good listening skills
- Good problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Understanding of the retail sales process
- Familiarity with consumer behavior principles
- Basic math skills
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Excellent communication skills, capable of building trusting relationships
- Ability to perform in fast-paced environments
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities whenever there is a need
- Build professional and healthy relationships with internal members, as well as customers
- Comfortable working in a team environment or working independently.
- Basic computer skills required.
The Golden Spike Tower is a private non-profit and is an equal opportunity employer.
For questions, please contact Kirsten or Sydnee at (308) 532-9920 or email@example.com
Retail Experience preferred, but not required.
Sydnee Hansen, Office Manager
Golden Spike Tower
1249 N Homestead Rd
North Platte, NE 69101
Or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Golden Spike Tower is always welcome new volunteers. With nearly over 30,000 guests welcomed each year, it takes many talented volunteers to assist in our gift shop, welcoming our guests, helping with tours and assisting all our guests on the 8th floor with understanding the operations of Bailey Yard. Contact the Golden Spike Tower is you would like to learn more about volunteering! (308) 532-9920